1 16oz jar On The Border Salsa
1 box of spaghetti noodles
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic (fresh garlic recommended)
½ cup chopped red onion
1/8 cup chopped green onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
Parmesan cheese, to taste
Try substituting On The Border Salsa in place of half your normal spaghetti sauce or try this western recipe:
- In large pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil and cook spaghetti noodles.
- In large skillet sauté Olive Oil, onions and garlic until golden, or soft.
- Add On The Border salsa and tomato paste. Mix well.
- Stir in cilantro and green onions.
- Bring to slow boil stirring frequently.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper (optional) to taste.
- Add parmesan cheese and serve-up the spaghetti…western style!
- Add ground beef, pulled chicken, or ground turkey.
- Meatless Western Spaghetti can be easily jarred for future use--you can also freeze it in quart size freezer bags.
- Make a small portion, double or triple the recipe for quick and easy freezer meals!